The College Checklist page allows a mentee to create a college list and share it with their mentor and Program Manager. It can serve as a one-stop shop for pairs to keep track on the mentee's college application progress. The page saves automatically with each click, and each list is editable by both mentee and mentor.
Making a College List
To navigate to the College Checklist, mentors and mentees can navigate to College Checklist from the hamburger menu on the top left of the screen.
You will be taken to the College Checklist navigation page, which looks like this:
Mentees can begin creating their college list by typing the name of a school in the search bar. Colleges will start to populate after the third letter is typed. Mentees can then select whether this school is a Target, Safety, or Reach school.
After coming up with a list, subsequent visits to the page will alphabetize the schools by Target, Safety, and Reach.
If a student changes his/her mind about having a college on the list, clicking on the trash can to the right of each school will delete it.
Managing progress on applications
Click the green Update application progress button to move onto the second page of the College Checklist. From here, you'll be able to edit application and acceptance information for each school selected.
- Click Edit List to go back to selecting schools and their categories
- Click on the pencil icon next to a school to update your application process for that school
- The Application progress bar will fill as you begin making progress towards filling out the information for each school
- Click on the date for the due date to select the due date for that school
Editing Individual Application Progress
When you click the pencil icon next to a school, you will be taken to the page below.
- The name of the school you are editing will show in the dropdown. You can change the school you are working on by clicking it
- Close this window and view your overall progress by clicking the X on the top right
- Answer each question as information becomes available by clicking the appropriate box
- Click the Save or Close buttons to go back to the previous screen
As you progress through the college application process, the blue status bar for each school will provide you with information about how far you have gotten.