Talking to your mentor about budgeting
Managing your money (especially when you don't have a lot) is stressful! Your mentor may not have gone through the exact same experience as you, but they may have valuable knowledge when it comes to managing their money.
Here are some questions to get you started in talking to your mentor about how to get smart with your money:
- How do you keep track of your spending?
- Do you have a budget, and if so, what tools do you use to manage your budget?
- What types of expenses have you had (not numbers), and what are the biggest unexpected expenses that you have faced?
- What savings goals do you have? How do you budget for these goals?
- What has been your best trick for staying on budget and meeting your financial goals?