|In this phase....|
|You and your mentee will begin to get to know each other. You will explore similarities and differences, make connections, and share experiences that will deepen your relationship. We hope the activities in this phase give you both a basic understanding of each other's interests, backgrounds, motivation, and lives.|
Download a two-page overview of the 11th grade phases.
Resources for this Phase
- You and your mentee will work on the tasks listed in the Phase One Pair Checklist: Launching Your Relationship.
- Review the Roles of a Mentor and the Adopting a Mentoring Mindset 1-page resources and consider how they apply to this phase of your relationship.
- Use this template to draft an introduction letter to your mentee's parents/guardians (your Program Manager can provide contact information).
- Watch this "Mentee Moments" video of pairs talking about what it is like to meet for the first time.
- Use the pair rater tool to begin tracking the state of your relationship with your mentee.
- Complete a short, self-directed mentor training module called "Writing Your First Message" (See guidance below for accessing this module through the iMentor Platform).